This design was reworked around the parameters of pre-existing speaker parts. I kickstarted the project by taking dimensions of all existing electronics: Bluetooth Receiver, PCB, Remote Receiver, and 2 Tweeters. This was notated in 1:1 scale and printed out to physically and visually understand the components I would be designing around.
For my next step, I considered the optimal size of the soundbox as well as the material to be used in the design. Both variables greatly affect the sound quality of any speaker, so these became guidelines I set from the beginning to be built around. I chose 1/4" and 1/2" MDF.
While building the mock-ups, I drafted a rough blueprint of the speaker units and the basic framework holding all the electronic components within. Building directly from these plans allowed me to realize points of error in construction. This prompted me to go back to the drawing board multiple times to revise my plans.
Testing the electronics at every step with each prototype, I listened to the audio quality and was able to modify the design to make sure the sound was the best it could be. I also discovered the back cover of the speaker to be opportune real estate for me to graphically reflect the thought that went into packaging the internals.
Treating each prototype as a final model allowed me to work out every detail of craftsmanship, allowing me to produce the functional final model with the highest efficiency possible.